Reacting to the hard-fought victory, NFF Board Members Aisha Falode and Ahmed Yusuf Fresh proudly dedicate the Super Eagles’ 1-0 victory over the Elephants of Cote d’Ivoire in the Group A game to President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the entire Nigerian nation.
Celebrating the triumph at the Olympic Stadium of Ebimpé, Cote d’Ivoire, Falode and Yusuf declared in a heartfelt video, “Nigeria is one, and this victory is for Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the good people of Nigeria.”
William Troost-Ekong’s decisive second-half penalty secured a narrow 1-0 win for the Super Eagles, marking a significant victory as it handed the hosts, Ivory Coast, their first defeat in nine matches and blowing the AFCON Group A open.
This outcome adds a thrilling twist to Group A with one fixture remaining.
The golden moment came with a penalty 10 minutes into the second half, and surprisingly, it was ex-Watford defender Troost-Ekong who stepped up, converting the penalty with precision beyond Yahia Fofana, sealing all three points for the Super Eagles.
This is indeed a powerful win dedicated to the unity of Nigeria and its people.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)