Governor Soludo Endorses Iloenyosi’s Candidacy For South-East Seat On NFF Board

Anambra State Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, has endorsed the candidacy of Anambra FA Chairman, Chief Chikelue Iloenyosi, for the South-East position on the Nigeria Football Federation Executive Committee.

The governor gave the endorsement on Tuesday in Awka, describing Iloenyosi as the right choice to advance the region’s interests at the top level of Nigerian football administration.

“I have complete trust in Chief Chikelue Iloenyosi’s capacity to deliver. He has shown commitment, competence and genuine passion for football development in Anambra State. We are proud of his record and we will give him our full backing,” the governor said.

Governor Soludo stressed that the South-East deserves stronger representation in football governance.

“The South-East needs a clear, effective voice at the NFF. Iloenyosi understands the game, he understands our people, and I am confident he will provide the leadership our region deserves,” he stated.

Highlighting the former Super Eagles defender’s pedigree, Soludo noted that Iloenyosi brings both playing experience and administrative expertise to the contest.

“He is not new to football. He has played at the highest level and has managed the game at state level. That blend equips him to make meaningful contributions to the NFF,” Soludo added.

Popularly known as “D’General”, Iloenyosi declared his intention to run for the South-East seat earlier this year. His campaign focuses on stronger regional representation, grassroots development, and expanded opportunities for players, clubs and administrators across the zone. He was recently returned unopposed as Chairman of the Anambra FA.

The governor said the state’s support goes beyond one individual.

“This is about Anambra and the wider South-East. It is about ensuring our talents, clubs and grassroots structures get the attention they deserve. I encourage Iloenyosi to go forward boldly. He has our support, our prayers and our confidence,” he said.

He further assured Iloenyosi of government backing throughout the election process.

“As a government, we will always support our sons and daughters pursuing legitimate ambitions that advance our people. On this journey, Chief Iloenyosi has the full support of the Anambra State Government. He is not walking this road alone,” the governor declared.

The endorsement is expected to give significant political and institutional weight to Iloenyosi’s bid ahead of the NFF elections.

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Exit mobile version